50 Ways to Love Your Laughter
When Daily Laughers started at the beginning of 2016, Dave had already been laughing every day for over four years. He realized if lots of other people adopted a daily laughter practice they would be healthier, happier, and have a positive impact on people around them. This would be a tangible step toward fulfilling Laughter Yoga founder Dr. Madan Kataria’s vision of world peace through laughter. So Dave started making Laugh of the Day videos every day and now over two years later he still shares part of his daily laughter practice in a new video each day. He’s also created many other programs, including a free daily laughter call on Skype open to anyone around the world (see the bottom of the page), and two free laughter club sessions each week in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The rest of this page outlines customized programs for:
SINGLE LAUGHTER SESSIONS
Taking life and yourself too seriously? Not having any fun? Ready to try Laughter Yoga but not yet in public? Contact Dave to schedule a private introductory laughter session on Skype or Zoom.
More than just lacking laughter, you’re looking to reboot your life, perhaps with a health, career or relationship breakthrough, and definitely with a new attitude and understanding of how to cultivate joy from within. Through intentional laughter, the ways you hold back your inner child or forget what you once knew begin to fall away. You naturally become more playful, less serious. More confident and optimistic, less stressed, anxious or afraid. Decisions, relationships, creativity, acceptance of self, others, and simply what is – these all come more easily. The grown up you starts showing up as the unadulterated bundle of joy you were born as. You get more curious about life, in awe of its possibilities, wisely intuiting the path forward that best suits the direction you want to go. The manual for your inner guidance system becomes clear and easy to interpret. You navigate with trust in yourself, in the relationship between mind and body, thoughts and feelings. Fulfilling your purpose in life becomes fun and works seems like play. You learn to laugh, and laugh to learn. Complete the coaching application and Dave will contact you soon about creating a customized package of coaching sessions.
You need accountability for allowing more laughter in your life, a model to get it flowing every day, and support processing the lessons this practice has to offer. In this program you will have a private call with Dave every day for 30 days including at least 10 minutes of laughter and up to 20 minutes including coaching. Dave’s availability for this is extremely limited. Complete the coaching application to begin.
PUBLIC SPEAKING SKILLS TRAINING
You are fluent in English as a second language and now want to improve public speaking skills to enhance your career. Contact Dave for private sessions customized for your situation and goals (also see the Laughter Pioneers group program below). Sessions are available in-person in Ho Chi Minh City or via Skype or Zoom for clients anywhere in the world.
Laugh and Learn – Less Stress, More Joy
This is a group laughter coaching program for a minimum of five people. Laugh and Learn is right for you if you’re struggling with stress, fears, anxiety, lack of fulfillment, relationships, career, or work/life balance. Benefits include:
- Be more confident and successful
- Reduce stress, boost your mood
- Strengthen your immune system and overall health
- Overcome shyness, insecurity, and fear of looking silly
- Be part of a safe space for meeting people also going beyond their comfort zone
- More quickly create deep connections with people
- Develop a more positive and resilient attitude without reciting affirmations
- Get out of your head, into your body
- Learn a gentle and fun cardio exercise
- Improve your ability to breathe deeply and easily
- Spend more time enjoying the present moment
- Laugh more easily, be more playful and less serious, and have more fun
Each session will include 10-20 minutes of Laughter Yoga and Laughnosis meditation, then 40-50 minutes of 1:1 coaching in the group setting. Observing others being coached has massive second hand benefits.
Contact Dave about options for working with your group. Individuals are also encouraged to get in touch and either schedule private sessions or join the wait list for the next online group to start.
Laughter Pioneers, aka Saigon Speakers Club
The Laughter Pioneers program is for people in Ho Chi Minh City who are fluent in English as a second language and want to improve their public speaking skills for professional purposes such as business presentations and negotiations, hospitality and service industries, and making media, including radio and TV broadcasting, podcasting and YouTubing.
- Improve your pronunciation
- Be more confident and dynamic
- Speak so everyone listens closely to what you say
- Communicate with authority and credibility
- Learn to project your voice
- Reduce your accent and improve intonation
- Become more influential and persuasive
- Boost sales
- Know the power of the pause
- Discover the gifts of sharing your story
- Get comfortable doing it all with a smile and laughter
Each session will include approximately 15 minutes of Laughter Yoga and Laughnosis meditation, then 75 minutes of learning public speaking skills, practicing, and receiving feedback with compliments and suggestions for improvement.
The Saigon Speakers Club meets each Tuesday from 6:45-8:15pm in a private room upstairs at Whiskey & Wares, 196 Đê Thám, Ho Chi Minh City. Contact Dave to discuss your eligibility and pricing before attending your first session. If you are not ready for the group, private sessions are also available. Assemble your own group of five or more people and Dave will facilitate public speaking trainings for your group at your office or virtually on Zoom.
Laughnosis Support Group – Continuing education
Open only to people who have taken the live Laughnosis training or the online program, this monthly call complements the course and private Facebook group.
- Expand their understanding of the mind/body principles in common between laughter/hypnosis
- Become able to start doing one on one or group work involving laughter or add laughter/laughnosis skills to current one on one or group work
- Get practice with hypnotic language patterns, ethical influence skills, building rapport and creating your own techniques
- Be part of a professional support network, including the opportunity to present case studies for peer review
- Deeply impact Laughter Yoga club members to increase dedication to laughing every day, regularly attending Laughter Yoga clubs, and getting maximum health benefits from laughing
The monthly sessions will start with about 15 minutes of Q&A, then 10 minutes of laughter, then a coaching demo and debrief, or more Q&A or lecture. Each meeting will be recorded and available only to group members. Registration for the call is on the Daily Laughers Patreon page.
(10-20 minutes for groups of any size)
This is a very short Laughter Yoga session to introduce the experience of laughing on purpose in the context of the workplace applications and health benefits. Objectives:
- If at the start of a longer event, the Icebreaker helps set a positive and energized tone for the day.
- If in the middle of an event, the Icebreaker relieves stress, boosts creativity, and rejuvenates and refocuses participants.
Workshop or Keynote
(60 minute for groups of any size)
This program begins with a short presentation, then a full laughter session, and finishes with interactive discussion. Objectives:
- Understand workplace applications and benefits of Laughter Yoga.
- Learn basic health benefits of Laughter Yoga.
- Have a fun Laughter Yoga experience and leave feeling great.
Half Day Training
(Either 9am-1pm or 1-5pm, maximum of 25 participants)
This is a more detailed version of the one hour workshop that allows for more interactive discussion and role playing of workplace issues and
concerns of the participants. Objectives:
- Explore some common workplace challenges and how Laughter Yoga can help.
- Discover the bottom line financial benefits of Laughter Yoga in the workplace.
- Examine the mind/body science behind the health benefits of Laughter Yoga.
- Experience multiple Laughter Yoga sessions and leave feeling great.
Full Day Training
(9am-5pm, maximum of 15 participants)
Over a full day we’ll have multiple laughter sessions, lectures and discussions. We’ll take a deeper look at the origins of Laughter Yoga; how
it became a global health craze with a social mission of world peace; applications in business, schools, hospitals and more; and participants will
begin to practice laughter facilitation skills suitable for the workplace, including how to create new laughter exercises. Objectives:
- Discuss and role play Laughter Yoga applications for workplace issues.
- Study the health, social, and professional benefits of Laughter Yoga.
- Participate in multiple Laughter Yoga sessions and leave feeling great.
- Learn the history, culture, and best practices of the Laughter Yoga movement.
- Receive introductory training in Laughter Yoga facilitation skills.